One-on-one, skilled legal guidance during each stage of your case.

Pursuing Personal Injury Compensation For Workplace Injuries Caused By A Negligent Party

If you were injured on the job, you are likely aware that you can pursue workers’ compensation benefits to pay for medical expenses and lost wages. However, you may not realize that you could potentially pursue additional compensation from an outside third-party.

Understanding Workplace Negligence

Under Florida law, injured workers generally can’t sue their employers for negligence. They must instead rely on workers’ compensation benefits. However, some work accidents and injuries involve the negligence of third parties. There are a variety of on-the-job accidents that involve third parties.

Some common examples include:

  • Construction accidents involving equipment defects: A defect in scaffolding or heavy machinery may have contributed to the workplace injury. As such, injured employees may be able to pursue a claim for damages against the equipment manufacturer, seller or other third party in the chain of distribution.
  • On-the-job vehicle accidents: Delivery drivers working on-the-job who are injured in traffic accidents caused by at-fault drivers may be able to pursue a third-party claim against the driver.
  • Premises liability accidents: Slip-and-falls and other types of injuries resulting from dangerous property conditions may serve as grounds for a personal injury claim against the property owner or property manager, as long as they are not the employer.

One-On-One Skilled Legal Guidance

At Armand & Dieguez, P.A., we help individuals in Miami and throughout South Florida pursue compensation for these serious, complex injuries. We take pride in offering one-on-one guidance from the very beginning of your case until the end. At our firm, you will always work with a skilled lawyer who knows how to advocate for your right to compensation.

Discuss Your Injuries Today

Reach out to us today to schedule a consult. We can discuss your injuries, the incident and compensation we could potentially pursue. Send us an email or call 305-703-5397.

Se habla español.